This time I’m not half asleep! So I can better give my invisible readers a good idea of ‘Winter’. I said in my first post that I wouldn’t make future plans for this blog. I lied. Here’s a few things you can expect to see on Winter Was Here…:
- Lists – I love lists. They are the light of my life. This post is testament to that and you can expect to see a lot more lists in the future. I’ll make lists about everything. My favorite food, what color socks I plan to wear…you name it, I’ll list it! Though this blog will be pretty boring if it’s just a list blog…I’ll limit it to once a week. That’s the best I can do because, I did mention that I really love listing things right?
- Buddhism – I’m not a religious person. I believe in it, but I don’t live by it. Lately though, I’ve been looking into Buddhism. I don’t know if I’m attracted to it as a religion or a philosophy, but it is starting to seem like it’s a good fit for me. So I plan to ease myself into it before I go taking any vows or going on a wondrous pilgrimage. Also, meditation rocks my socks. I won’t write about meditation too much, unless I reach enlightenment a few decades earlier than expected.
- Unicorns/Zombies/Fairies/Fairy tale creatures – Those are pretty self-explanatory I think. The first three are my true loves, but I want to marry all things mythical and legendary. I think I’ve written stories about every type of fairytale creature at least once. I’ll admit, not all of them are my best work but the fact of the matter is I have a vampire and a unicorn character in the same story. I’ve accomplished something.
- Writing – I will not be posting any of my stories on this blog. Aww, I know. I’m sorry invisible readers. I can feel your tears raining down upon me. Don’t worry, they’re not very good (yet). I won’t post anything here because I have paranoia issues about copyright. Let’s leave it at that. BUT I have no problem ranting to the interwebs about my writing short comings, triumphs and tribulations! Or something…I’ll figure it out, but expect to see topics on this.
- Video Games – So for my 18th birthday, Father Winter provided me with a most bodacious gift. He gave me a gift card for $500, eligible for use only at Amazon! Naturally, my response was to buy a lot of video games because those suckers are expensive otherwise. $400 later and I have more games than I know what to do with. I’m not even looking at that last hundred until I finish at least half the games I already have. And yet, I look at Amazon’s Deal of the Day, every day, without fail. Huh. Well I guess I’ll be writing about that in the future!
- South Korea/Anime/Other Cultures in General – I want to travel someday. A dream of mine is to study abroad in South Korea, although that’s just one country on my list. If I had it my way I’d be in a different country every year. For whatever reason though, Korea is my first choice. I’m not entirely sure why. Something about it seems like if I were able to go there, it would be a real adventure (a different culture completely outside my comfort zone? OH BOY!) I love trying to learn languages, and learning about different cultures. Oh, and I like anime and asian dramas. I don’t watch them as avidly as I used to, but I go through my phases every now and again. I don’t know why I grouped those here…I guess because they’re Asian? Who knows…
- Diabetes – I’m a diabetic. I was diagnosed just this year in January. It was a terrible way to start 2010, believe you me. In my family, diabetes is like a family heirloom. We’ve had many family tragedies this year because of it and it definitely hasn’t made my life any easier. I don’t particularly want to write about it. I’d rather just ignore it (which is a whole other problem in itself), but I would be lying if I said it will never come up. So…yeah…
- Everything Else – I’m basically going to be writing about what I want, when I want. At least until I find a real niche in this blog that’s easy to work with. Since I’m going to be writing about everything, I can’t make a category for topics I’m not even sure of yet. I mean I may or may not write about fashion. I like clothes, but it’s not a passion of mine even though it could be later. Unless I go to TJ Maxx one of these days. Then all you’ll see is me gushing about the gorgeous new bags I got.
- Blurbs About Life – I’m not going to get too in detail about my personal life on here. But that’s not going to stop me from blogging about it! I saved this for last, because it’s the most important. The hesitant theme of this blog, is the building of my adult life. As of now, I am a short Puerto Rican girl, sitting in my room wondering if I want to watch a movie or play Gears of War. Clearly I am not an adult yet. I’m at a very weird time in my life. I just graduated the only school I’ve known for six years (I was there for middle and high school) and I’m heading off to college one of these days. I’m moving away from friends I’ve known for years, building a few friendships with people I never spoke to much before, and I hope to make many new friends once I start school. I’m kind of loner, but I want to change that. Basically I just want to leave high school behind and ease into a new life. I’d love to be able to look back at these earlier entries and see how much I’ve changed. So I’ll make it happen.
I know it doesn’t make sense to have a theme while I plan to write about everything, but the way I see it I’m writing about me. I get bored easily. I don’t like just writing about one topic all the time. If I get bored with this blog, how can I expect anyone else to ever bother with it? So my goal is to ignore all the advice given to me about sticking to one topic and just write about whatever the hell I want. There will be fun posts, serious posts, caffeine induced posts…whatever inspiration calls for at the time. Maybe if I’m completely amused by this, other people will join in and we can have a interwebs party! I’ll bring the diet soda!